LA News Archive
- Integrating knowledge, technical skill, clinical experience, and management skills to assure that the needs of the students, their families, and the community are met
- Ensuring safe therapeutic care is delivered in a holistic and systematic way to the community
- Working closely with the contracted pediatric and orthopedic groups in developing standards and guidelines for the delivery of care
- Monitoring the compliance of school health programs with federal, state and local laws, regulations, licensure, and policies
- Developing and deploying health and wellness curricula and topics and providing individual and community health education
- Participating in Student Support Group and in close conjunction with the Assistant Head of School and Dean of Students
- Working in cooperation with the Assistant Head, of School, Dean of Students and Director of Counselings
- Developing and documenting Health and Wellness policies and procedures, working to streamline and increase efficiencies
- Continuing to build interdepartmental relationships while maintaining and acting as a liaison between the dorm faculty and the Health Center
- Overseeing and maintaining current concussion protocols in conjunction with the athletic training staff. Provide medical consultation as requested by the athletic training staff
- Communicating courteously and effectively; working cooperatively; demonstrating respect and understanding of others
- Providing direction and guidance to staff members regarding clinical practice as well as keeping current with emerging health related topics/practices and applying current research and theory around health and wellness to daily practice to meet the needs of the students and community
- Ensuring appropriate department communication so that appropriate information is provided throughout the school
- Ensuring equipment and supplies are adequate, clean, neat and safe
- Maintaining confidential electronic student health and emergency records in addition to tracking information in data systems
- Participating as part of the on-call rotation for weeknights and weekends; present on campus as needed
- Accompanying and transporting a student to the hospital and/or doctor as needed
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) currently licensed in Massachusetts with clinical credentials as a Certified Nurse Practitioner (CNP) in either pediatrics or family care preferred; ability to obtain Practice & Prescriptive Guidelines/Prescriptive Authority through the Department of Public Health Drug Control Program (DCP)
- Supervisory or management experience preferred
- Adolescent nursing experience required; experience in triage and assessment required
- Strong interpersonal, written, oral communication, analytical, and organizational skills
- Ability to work with multiple constituencies (students, parents, faculty, staff and community members)
- Ability to work independently, but also team oriented and able to make independent decisions and solve practical problems with a variety of variables
- Willingness & ability to work flexible schedule, including periodic evenings & weekends
- Ability to be understanding, caring and sympathetic to the needs of adolescent girls and their families
- Strong proficiency with data management systems, data collections and basic computer applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, email) willingness and ability to learn additional applications as needed; knowledge of CareFlow a plus
- Commitment to independent schooling in a boarding environment, appreciation of social-emotional learning and diverse student experiences, and willingness to serve the needs of a wide range of needs and populations
- The physical demands of this job include; occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant finger dexterity. This job is performed under conditions with exposure to risk of injury/illness.
Lawrence Academy is a residential and day school in Groton, MA serving 400 students in grades 9-12. Faculty members are fully involved in the curricular, co-curricular, and extra-curricular programs of the school. The Director of Health Services position comes with the possibility of campus housing.
To apply for this position please send a single PDF containing resume and cover letter to Libby Margraf, Assistant Head of School, via email firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Lawrence Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, creed, age, gender, national origin or ancestry, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or any non-job related disability.