LA News Archive
Lawrence Academy has an opening for a part-time music teacher beginning August 2018. Responsibilities include:
- Direct the Lawrence Academy Band, a year-long instrumental ensemble offered for academic credit. Program and arrange music for flexible instrumentation within the Band in preparation for one concert each trimester.
- Organize, run, and maintain the academy’s Recording Studio, which runs ProTools 10 and is used for music classes and special projects across campus
- Provide help and support to various student-run music groups and clubs such as Jazz Band
- Teach two sections of music, one of which is satisfied by directing the LA Band
- This position may present the opportunity to teach beginning-intermediate private music lessons on all band instruments for additional income. Preference will be given to candidates possessing expertise with wood winds and brass.
Lawrence Academy is seeking candidates with a commitment to cultural competence which enables individuals to work and communicate across social and cultural differences. Candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. Further, the Academy does not discriminate and does not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran or Uniformed Service status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, résumé, and reference list in a single PDF document to Colin Igoe, Dean of Faculty, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The email subject line should be “Music Teacher.” No phone calls, please.