Hello Parents & Families,
Due to the impending winter weather, we will begin Monday, February 18 on a 2-hour delay, with the schedule commencing at 10:00 AM.
Students should stay tuned to email and check the newsletter for further details on the day's schedule.
For those driving to school, please travel safely, and be in touch with the Student Life Office as necessary.
Head of School
LA News Archive
Groton, MA -- We look forward to welcoming you back to campus on October 21-22 for Parents' and Family weekend. If you have any questions about scheduling conferences please email the registrar. Schedule subject to change.
Friday, October 21
Registration begins on Friday at 7:15 a.m.; an 8:00 a.m. assembly for parents and students will prepare the community for the morning’s 25-minute sample classes. Ten-minute parent-teacher/advisor conferences will begin in the late afternoon and will continue throughout the evening. The Scheibes will host boarding parents for dinner at Park House, 5:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m. In the evening, enjoy field hockey under the lights on the Murbach Field.
- 7:15 a.m. Registration begins in Gray Building outside of MacNeil Lounge
- 8:00 – 8:15 a.m. Assembly for students and parents in RMPAC
- 8:20 a.m. – 12:05 p.m. Parents and students attend sample classes
25 minutes each, 5 minutes passing time, all 7 class blocks
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Luncheon
- 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. LA Today Presentation in Media Conference Center
Head of School Dan Scheibe and Board of Trustees members Chris Davey (Sara ’10, Margaret ’16) and Nancy Lotane (Katie ’16) will present the school’s current strategic thinking and planning and will share insight into both LA’s present and LA’s future through a discussion of the school’s strategic vision.
- 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. Ten-minute Parent-Teacher/Advisor conferences
- 5:00 – 6:30 p.m. Dinner available in the Dining Hall
- 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. Boarding Parent Dinner at Park House
- 5:30 p.m. JV Field Hockey Game, Murbach Field
- 6:45 p.m. Varsity Field Hockey Game, Murbach Field
- 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. Coffee and dessert in MacNeil Lounge
- 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. Ten-minute parent-teacher/advisor conferences
Saturday, October 22
Ten-minute parent-teacher/advisor conferences resume at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday. We will have a parent assembly, to include arts performances and student speakers. Athletic contests will follow later in the afternoon, to conclude the weekend’s activities.
- 8:00 a.m. Registration begins in Gray Building outside of MacNeil Lounge
- 8:00 – 9:00 a.m. Parent Fund Committee Breakfast at Park House
- 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Ten minute Parent-Teacher/Advisor conferences
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Luncheon
- 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. Assembly in RMPAC (arts performances, student speakers)
- 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. Please join school administrators and other parents for refreshments under the tent
- 2:15 – 2:45 p.m. Parent Admissions Ambassadors
Meeting with LA Admissions team in the Admissions Lounge, Schoolhouse
- 3:00 p.m. and beyond Athletic contests