LA News Archive
Posted 09/15/2016 10:00AM
Four years later and…
by Kenzie Melvin '17
- I still don’t know which way the dining hall door opens.
- I can't wrap my head around Mr. Scheibe’s obsession with the school song.
- I'm still intimidated by the first day of school.
- I have not had to make an announcement at assembly…yet.
- I haven’t figured out how to conquer all-school lunch days.
- I'll never be as excited for Mountain Day as Mr. Moore.
- My “Dunks” obsession is at a new level of addiction.
- I’m thinking, “Why did it take this long to get a school-wide sleep-in?”
- Fall remains my favorite season at LA.
- I believe that no fan group in the ISL is better than Spartan Nation.
- I can’t trust anyone during Spoon Hunt.
- I don’t think I could wear Crocs and socks anywhere else and be accepted in the community.
- Windsor Mountain was just as scary senior year as it was freshman year.
- I actually call teacher’s mom and dad on purpose now.
- I don’t care how cute the faculty dogs are, the LA dove was the most legendary animal on campus.
- I still have no idea how much money I have spent in the school store.
- I don’t know what happens when you walk across the school seal in admissions.
- You shouldn’t ask me what year the school was founded.
- I know for a fact that Waters is haunted
- I have no idea what MX stands for.
- I have successfully not gotten a SMC (but from what I have heard it is nothing like the breakfast club).
Four years later and I am still not ready to leave...