Applying to Lawrence Academy
Thank you for your interest in applying to Lawrence Academy! The following is a step-by-step guide to the LA application process.
1. Complete the Student Inquiry Form
We want to get to know you! Complete and submit the online inquiry form as your first step to applying to Lawrence Academy. Doing so will get you into our database so that we can send you updates on the application process, admissions events, and more.
2. Schedule an in-Person or Virtual Tour and Interview
Please visit the “Schedule Your Visit Page” to explore our in-person and virtual visit and interview offerings for this fall. At a minimum, an in-person OR virtual interview is required as part of a complete application.
3. Schedule Your SSAT, TOEFL, and/or IELTS (OPTIONAL)
In keeping with the practices of a growing number of peer schools around the country as well as a number of the nation's most selective colleges and universities, Lawrence Academy will implement a test-optional SSAT policy beginning with the 2020-2021 admissions season. In evaluating you, we will center on your interview, personal essays, teacher recommendations, transcripts, co-curricular endeavors, and community involvement.
However, applicants whose first language is not English are required to demonstrate their proficiency in English by submitting either TOEFL or IELTS results.
Should you opt to or need to submit a test score, the following information will help you register for your test of choice:
- Register for the SSAT (Secondary School Admissions Test) here. Lawrence Academy’s school code for the SSAT is 4552.
- Register for the ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam) here.
- International students: Register for the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) here. Lawrence Academy’s school code for the TOEFL is 8021.
4. Complete the Application
- Candidate profile
- Personal essays
- Parent statement
- Current English teacher recommendation
- Current math teacher recommendation
- Guidance counselor or principal recommendation
- School transcript (current and previous academic year)
- Application fee ($75)
Ready to take one step closer to becoming a Spartan? Begin our application now! Lawrence Academy accepts two applications: the Standard Application Online (SAO) or the Gateway to Prep School Application. You are only required to complete one of these applications. We do not prefer one over the other.
5. Admission Decisions
Admission decisions will be posted on March 10, 2021.
6. Revisit & Enroll
Lawrence Academy will host Revisit Days for accepted students in early April of 2021. A signed reservation agreement and tuition deposit are due by April 10, 2021.
If you have any questions about the application process, please feel free to call us at (978) 448-1530 or email the Admissions Office.
Thank you for your interest in applying to Lawrence Academy!