About the Winter Walk
The Winter Walk is an event and initiative that believes that ending homelessness is within our reach. The mission is to raise funds and awareness towards that goal, and to support organizations in Greater Boston that are working on prevention, support, and care for our homeless community.
The 2nd annual Winter Walk will be held on Sunday, February 11, 2018. Participants will come together for a 2-mile walk through the streets of Boston during one of the coldest months of the year. The Walk begins and ends on Copley Plaza, where participants, housed and unhoused, will share a meal together, and hear real stories of Boston’s homeless population.
In the spirit of "Love Your School Week," and in a reaffirmation of our community's desire to take action for the greater good, we invite Lawrence Academy alumni to join us for the Winter Walk.
Start by clicking this link:
The link will open in a new browser window or tab. You may then follow the below instructions.
- Hit “Register”
- Click “Join a Team”
- Type in or scroll to “Lawrence Academy”
- Choose “I’ll pay up front” option. (Note: you will not actually have to pay using the promo code we give you in steps below)
- Click “Reserve” on the lower right hand corner
- On this page type in your information. Once your information is done, on the right side of the screen click the option “Add promo code”. In this box type in “LA2018”. Hit “Next” on the bottom right hand corner. This will eliminate any fee.
- A new box will appear asking for a donation, LA has sponsored our team, but should you wish to make your own contribution, you may do so here. Otherwise, hit “Skip” on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
- The Checkout screen will appear and you will have to fill out your information one more time. Then hit “Purchase” on the bottom right hand corner.
Finally, You will receive a confirmation email notifying you that you have registered and if you make a donation, you will also receive an email with a gift receipt.