College T-Shirt Day during Spirit Week this Spring.
Parent and Student Information
Study the drop-down menus below.
The 2019 - 2020 Event Calendar (PDF) is live and updated.
Upcoming Community Life Events & Meetings
Student Government Committees
Anyone may join a committee – students do not need to be elected to SG to be a member of a committee. Faculty are welcome to join the committees as well. Click here to join a committee.
- Community Life Committee – this the group works on activities, the calendar of events and plans specific weekend events together. Club leaders, proctors, and anyone else who wants to get involved with the activities we offer beyond the academic day may serve on this committee.
- Food Committee – meet with DH staff to discuss suggestions and ideas for our meals; assist with planning and implementing themed meals
- Special Events Committee – plans homecoming, formal events, and end of year activities like a field day and the underclassman night.
- AAA (Academics, Arts, and Athletics) a space to discuss the intersection of these areas and how to strengthen that intersection or to discuss issues which affect these areas.
LA Cares: Service At LA
Spartan Community Collections: will continue next year with a specific focus each term
View the full monthly collection list.
The community service graduation requirement of 6 hours a year must be done during the academic year, early September 2018 through early June 2019 for freshman, sophomores and Juniors. Seniors (Class of 2019) must have their community service – senior year and all previous incomplete years – done by February 22, 2019, the last day of winter term classes. We always encourage students to volunteer over the summer for programs they are interested in learning more about, however summer hours may not be used towards the small requirement we have.
Click here to read about how to verify service hours. Many projects are offered through Lawrence Academy on the weekend and are posted in the weekend activities here on The Page or on the community service webpage. (Summer service, is wonderful and encouraged, but not accepted as part of our requirement.)
Community Service Opportunities: Play baseball with kids with disabilities, help build a house for a deserving family, organize donations for children and teens in need, visit with senior citizens and adults and children with disabilities, serve a meal at a soup kitchen, and more. Check out the full list of CS options through our online community life sign-ups. All CS projects have possible service hours to be earned in parenthesis after the title. (The start and end times include travel time, if the project is away from campus. Travel time is not counted towards required service hours.)
Upcoming "on-your-own" service options in the Groton & Westford Area:
- Miracle Baseball League in Acton, MA needs volunteers for Saturdays - 6/1, 6/8 or 6/15. Visit their website to sign-up – you need to provide your own transport there. (Those Saturdays will count towards THIS year’s requirement.)
- Sleep in Heavenly Peace is has a major national bed building event called Bunks Across America. The Littleton site is still taking volunteers for June 15th. (There is a fee associated with it, in order to raise funds to buy the materials for the beds. You need to provide your own transport there.) Learn more and sign-up for the event by clicking here. Check out the video of when LA students volunteer for them back in February. (I hope some of our local students can get there and represent LA. Those hours will count towards THIS year’s requirement!)
Expectations: Attendance, Travel & Sign-Outs
- If your child is a day student and you need to report their absence from class or their afternoon commitment, please call the daily attendance line (978-448-1518) or e-mail Tanya Clark (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If your child is a boarding student, please note the following attendance options…
- Normal WEEKEND departures are submitted by the student through the REACH system.
- Daily absences (you’re taking your child to the doctor’s office, etc.) and WEEKNIGHT absences (your child is spending a weeknight at home) must be communicated directly through the daily attendance line (978-448-1518) or by e-mail to Tanya Clark (email@example.com).
- After 3:30 PM, and on weekends, please contact the faculty member on duty (OD) at 978-758-7896 to update the school about your boarder’s sign-out. Parents/guardians must communicate this information directly, students cannot call in changes themselves.
- All weekend sign-outs are due by 1:00 PM on Thursday. REACH shuts down at this time and does not accept new sign-outs until 8:00 PM on Sunday.
- Transportation and lodging.
- Students may not use Uber. Lawrence Academy has a list of approved drivers and services that have passed all of the necessary background checks. Please contact Andrew Healy, dean of students, for more information.
- Students may not sign-out to a hotel unless a parent or guardian is present.
- LEXINGTON, CONCORD AND ACTON (SCHEDULED STOPS)
- (1) Lexington, Harrington School, 328 Lowell Street 6:50 AM
- (2) Alcott House Lexington Rd (AM) Concord, PM drop off at Rte. 2 at Crosby's Corner Mobil Station 7:10 AM
- (3) Concord, Rte. 2 at Paparazzi Restaurant 7:20 AM
- (4) Acton, Rte. 2A/119 at the Makaha Restaurant (AM) 7:25 AM
- Note: PM drop-off is across the street at Donelan's
- ANDOVER (SCHEDULED STOPS)
- (1) Downtown Andover (Chestnut Street parking lot located behind CVS) 7:00 AM
- (2) Route 133 intersection @ the Boston Sports Club 7:10 AM
- SPECIAL DEPARTURE TIMES
- Friday, September 9th (7:00 PM departure)(Class dinners)
- Friday, October 19th (5:00 PM departure)(Parents' Weekend)
- Monday, November 5th (7:00 PM departure)(Winterim Night)
- Thursday, November 15th (5:00 PM departure)(Last day of fall exams)
- Monday, December 10th (7:45 PM departure)(Holiday concert)
- Thursday, February 28th (5:00 PM departure)(Last day of winter exams)
- Monday, March 4th - Thursday, March 14th (4:30 PM departure)(Winterim)
- Friday, March 15th (6:30 PM departure)(Winterim Wrap-Up Night)
- Tuesday, May 28th (2:00 PM departure)(Prom)
- Thursday, May 30th (5:00 PM departure)(Class of 2019 Parent Dinner)
- Friday, May 31st (2:00 PM departure)(Graduation)
- Thursday, June 6th (2:00 PM departure)(Last day of spring exams)
- Friday, September 9th (7:00 PM departure)(Class dinners)
- Both bus lines arrive on campus at approximately 7:45 AM. The academic day starts at 8:00 AM.
- Return departure from Lawrence Academy in the fall and spring is 6:30 PM (during the winter, the return is at 7:00 PM). The bus leaves from behind the dining hall.
- Students who are not able to catch the evening bus due to an away game, late practice or other school commitment must arrange for their transportation that evening; bus service is not adjusted to accommodate late practices or games.
- During the winter months, a one hour snow delay bumps the listed departure back by one hour, a two hour delay bumps the listed departure back by two hours, etc.
- When school is cancelled (weather, head's holiday or long weekend) bus service to campus is also cancelled.