Food & Nutrition
At LA we aim to make the summer an easier experience for our parents. Daily snacks and lunches are included in your child’s experience at LA Summer Camps! Our food service teams provides healthy and well-balanced meals that are kid friendly including chicken nuggets, hamburgers and hot dogs, taco’s along with fresh fruit and veggies each day. Our campers can also have a deli sandwich made if the hot entrée is not what they are wanting that day. Lunch is served in our Air Conditioned dining room or outside under the tent on the terrace. Our counselors serve and eat with our campers. The weekly menu is posted on our website prior to each camp week for families to know what is being served each day their child is at camp.
We take food allergies very seriously here at LA. To make our camps safe and easier on kids and families with food allergies, we take the following precautions:
- Lawrence Academy is NUT SAFE. There are no peanuts or tree nuts served and there are no hidden nut products found in any of our foods.
- We exclude all pre-packaged snacks that are “produced in a facility that process peanuts and tree nuts,” according to their ingredient labels.
- We offer Gluten-free lunch and snack alternatives each day.
- Our food service staff is trained and certified in ServSafe and allergy management in the kitchen.
- Our camp staff receives extensive food allergy training and closely supervises all meals with their campers.
If you have a food-related question or concern, please contact us prior to the start of camp season, so we can meet with you in person to discuss how we can best accommodate your child’s needs.