"Lawrence Academy recognizes you for who you are, inspires you to take responsibility for who you want to become, and empowers you to take action for the greater good."
By calling on the school:
- to champion excellence in academics and in the arts, athletics, and residential life;
- to offer innovative programs that personalize learning;
- to provide students with discerning mentors who support self-discovery and risk-taking;
By calling on each other:
- to consider a plurality of perspectives patiently and with curiosity;
- to engage in respectful dialogue and advance the independent thinking and success of others;
- to take action for the common good;
By calling on yourself:
- to develop your voice and use it creatively, constructively, and with confidence;
- to reflect upon, understand, and learn from failure as well as success;
- to cultivate a personal stake in lifelong learning and make honorable, informed choices;
You will learn with others to think for yourself.
Lawrence Academy seeks to encourage the voice of every community member and invites a spirit of education as a means of celebrating diversity, acknowledging each individual’s unique qualities regardless of race, ethnicity, class, gender, sexuality, ability, religious affiliation, and political views.
Our motto is...
Omnibus Lucet:The light shines for all.
Taking Action for the Greater Good
Lawrence Academy Spartans give back every year through our community service requirement. To learn more about how our students contribute to the betterment of our local communities by visiting our Community Service page.