Order Books Online
Books may be ordered through www.k12sd.com or you may order them yourself through a local bookstore or online retailer.
If available, a book may be purchased as a text, e-book, or rental. More information about these options can be found on K12sd.com.
Quick Tips for Online Book Ordering
For detailed instructions on how to order books, please download & print the k12sd.com instructions (PDF) before you begin your purchase. It is recommended that you use Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
When you click on...
...you will be taken to a login screen.
- Log in or create a New User account.
- On the next page, enter “Lawrence” for School Name and “Massachusetts” for Your School State.
- On the next page, click “Lawrence Academy”, leave Student Identification Number” blank.
- Continue to create your account. For Username, please use your email address.
- Once you have logged in, go to “Search by Course.”
- Next, click “Advanced Search”, then use the dropdown menu and select either “Summer Reading 2017” or, when it becomes available, “School Year 2017-2018”, then click "Search." Click on the course link. It is NOT necessary to click “Add to My Courses”.
- Please note: Your login ID and password are unique to K12Studentdirect. They are not related in any way to your Lawrence Academy Community Login.
- Tip: When searching for summer reading, use the course number that corresponds to your grade in September. For foreign language summer reading, select the course number that corresponds to your foreign language level in September 2017.
A Few Things to Keep in Mind
- All courses, even if no purchase is required, are listed by the online bookstore.
- Some math courses do not require text book purchases. Your student's account may be charged a Lab Fee in the fall for the use of school materials, including online resources.
- All new students must own a TI-84 Plus Color Silver Edition Calculator or TI-84 Plus CE Calculator. The TI-84 Plus CE Calculator is available through K12 Student Direct, and it will be offered for purchase under each math course.
Ship To Address for Regular School Year Text Books
Only international students and those arriving to campus via air travel may have their books shipped directly to Lawrence Academy. Books delivered to the school will be bundled by the student’s name and are to be picked up during registration. Day students and local boarders must have their orders shipped to their home address.
Once school starts, if adjustments in the courses selected are necessary, the Student Life office can assist with returns. Subsequent book ordering, however, is the responsibility of student. Keep in mind that k12sd.com will allow book returns for up to 30 days after the school’s add/drop date for the academic term in question, but books returned for a refund must be in brand-new condition. Do not write the student’s name in books until you are sure your student will remain in that course.
- Questions regarding the navigation of the K12 Student Direct website or customer service issues (payments, credits, status, etc.), call them directly at (877)-560-2651 or use their live chat.
- Questions regarding course level placement should be directed to department chairs. Any changes to schedules will be made during the drop/add period, which is the first week of classes.
- Questions regarding your child's schedule should be directed to the Lawrence Academy registrar, Rachel Culley (978-448-1517).
- Questions regarding textbook orders, please email Tanya Clark (978-448-1518).