Order Books Online
All school books (Summer Reading and text books for the 2012 - 2013 school year) are now available for purchase online using our designated online book company, K12Studentdirect.
Please note that text books for the 2012– 2013 school year must be ordered no later than August 28 to guarantee delivery prior to the start of classes.
Before Ordering Books
You will need your child's academic schedule, to assist you in purchasing books. Your child's schedule can be obtained through the My Backpack link on the Parent Portal. (Please use the Community Login Tutorial if you have not yet logged in to the Parent Portal.)
Print your child's schedule using the "List View" option (see picture to the right).
The schedule will then display course numbers, sections and titles. The course titles displayed on K12Studentdirect match exactly the titles on your schedule. For some courses, you may need the section number as well. After enetring the course number, it is possible you will be presented with several course sections. In those cases, be sure that the section number on your schedule matches the section number in the course description that appears online.
Quick Tips for Online Book Ordering
**For detailed instructions on how to order books, please download & print the K12StudentDirect.com instructions before you begin your purchase.
- When you click on the K12Studentdirect link you will be taken to a log in screen.
- If you are a first-time shopper: School Login Code: lawrence / School Password: academy
- If you are a returning shopper: use your prior year login ID and password.
- Once you have created your user ID and password login, you will be taken to the "School Term" page.
- For summer reading purchases, use the drop-down menu, select "Summer Reading 2012." When searching for summer reading, use the course number that corresponds to your child's grade in September 2012. For foreign language summer reading, select the course number that corresponds to your child's foreign language level in September 2012.
- For school year purchases, using the drop down menu, select "School Year 2012–2013."
- We recommend that you purchase all your books prior to September for all three school terms. You will be able to do so because most Winter and Spring term required book purchases will be listed beginning August 6, 2012.
Please note: your login ID and password is unique to K12Studentdirect. They are not related in any way to your Lawrence Academy Community Login.
A Few Things to Keep in Mind
- Most courses starting with “0”, “1” or "8" do not require the purchase of books and are not listed by the online bookstore.
- All other courses, even if no purchase is required, are listed by the online bookstore.
- Some of the same English, history, and science courses are offered by different teachers; each may use different books. In those instances, be certain to choose the course for your section.
- Some math courses do not require text book purchases. Your student's account may be charged a Lab Fee in the fall for the use of school materials, including online resources.
- All new students must purchase a TI-84 Plus Silver Edition Calculator. It is available through K12Studentdirect, and it will be offered for purchase under each math course.
Ship To Address for Regular School Year Text Books
Only international students and those arriving to campus via air travel may have their books shipped directly to Lawrence Academy. Books delivered to the school will be bundled by the student’s name and are to be picked up during registration.
Day students and local boarders must have their orders shipped to their home address.
Once school starts, if adjustments in the courses selected are necessary, the business office can assist with returns. Subsequent book ordering, however, is the responsibility of student.
K12Studentdirect will allow book returns for up to 30 days after the school’s add/drop date for the academic term in question. Books returned for a refund must be in brand-new condition. Do not write the student’s name in books until you are sure your student will remain in that course.
Questions regarding the navigation of the K12Studentdirect website or customer service issues (payments, credits, status, etc.), call them directly at (877)-560-2651.
Questions regarding course level placement should be directed to department chairs when school resumes. Any changes to schedules will be made during the drop/add period, which is the first week of classes.
Questions regarding your child's schedule should be directed to the Lawrence Academy registrar Cheryl Lancaster (978-448-2557.)
Questions regarding textbook orders, please call Lawrence Academy's Linda Sheehan at (978) 448-1514 or Linda Deasy at (978) 448-1515.
Please do not address any correspondence or phone calls regarding book purchases or courses to the Webmaster.