Order Books Online
UPDATED August 12, 2013: All school books, including summer reading requirements, can be purchased online using our preferred online vendor...
Summer reading purchasing will be made available on June 7th. Regular school year purchases will be available August 8th.
- Books for the 2013– 2014 school year must be ordered no later than August 26 to guarantee delivery prior to the start of classes.
- LA is using the same book vendor as last year, however, their website has a new look and will now incorporate book rental options.
- If available, a book may now be purchased as a text, e-book, or rental. More information about these new options can be found on their website.
- Please see “Important Search Tips…” under Quick Tips for Online Book Ordering below.
Before Ordering Books...
For summer reading:
You will need to verify the courses you will be taking in the fall in order to select the correct course materials.
For regular school year purchases:
You will need your child's academic course list, to assist you in purchasing books. Your child's list can be obtained through the My Backpack link on the Parent Portal.
Please use the Community Login Tutorial if you have not yet logged in to the Parent Portal. Print your child's schedule using the "List View" option (see picture to the right).
The list will then display course numbers, sections and titles. The course titles displayed on K12Studentdirect match exactly the titles on your schedule. For some courses, you may need the section number as well.
After entering the course number, it is possible you will be presented with several course sections. In those cases, be sure that the section number on your schedule matches the section number in the course description that appears online.
Quick Tips for Online Book Ordering
For detailed instructions on how to order books, please download & print the k12sd.com instructions (PDF) before you begin your purchase. It is recommended that you use Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
- When you click on the...
link you will be taken to a log in screen.
- Since this is a newly designed website, you will need to create a New User account.
- On the next page, enter “Lawrence” for School Name and “Massachusetts” for Your School State.
- On the next page, click “Lawrence Academy”, leave Student Identification Number” blank.
- Continue to create your account. For Username, please use your email address.
- Once you have created your account, you can “Start Your Course Search”.
- Select term: For summer reading purchases, use the drop-down menu, select "Summer Reading 2013." When searching for summer reading, use the course number that corresponds to your grade in September 2013. For foreign language summer reading, select the course number that corresponds to your foreign language level in September 2013. For school year purchases, using the drop down menu, select "School Year 2013–2014."
- Important Search Tips: Recommend “Search by Course”, next “Search ALL Dept. and ALL Grades”, next Click on the course link. It is NOT necessary to click “Add to My Courses”.
- We recommend that you purchase all your books prior to September for all three school terms. You will be able to do so because most Winter and Spring term required book purchases will be listed beginning August 8, 2013.
Please note: Your login ID and password is unique to K12Studentdirect. They are not related in any way to your Lawrence Academy Community Login.
A Few Things to Keep in Mind
- Most courses starting with “0”, “1” or "8" do not require the purchase of books and are not listed by the online bookstore.
- All other courses, even if no purchase is required, are listed by the online bookstore.
- Some of the same English, history, and science courses are offered by different teachers; each may use different books. In those instances, be certain to choose the course for your section.
- Some math courses do not require text book purchases. Your student's account may be charged a Lab Fee in the fall for the use of school materials, including online resources.
- All new students must purchase a TI-84 Plus Color Silver Edition Calculator. It is available through K12Studentdirect, and it will be offered for purchase under each math course.
Ship To Address for Regular School Year Text Books
Only international students and those arriving to campus via air travel may have their books shipped directly to Lawrence Academy. Books delivered to the school will be bundled by the student’s name and are to be picked up during registration.
Day students and local boarders must have their orders shipped to their home address.
Once school starts, if adjustments in the courses selected are necessary, the business office can assist with returns. Subsequent book ordering, however, is the responsibility of student. Keep in mind that k12sd.com will allow book returns for up to 30 days after the school’s add/drop date for the academic term in question, but books returned for a refund must be in brand-new condition. Do not write the student’s name in books until you are sure your student will remain in that course.
We're here to assist...
- Questions regarding the navigation of the K12Studentdirect website or customer service issues (payments, credits, status, etc.), call them directly at (877)-560-2651 or use their live chat.
- Questions regarding course level placement should be directed to department chairs when school resumes. Any changes to schedules will be made during the drop/add period, which is the first week of classes.
- Questions regarding your child's schedule should be directed to the Lawrence Academy registrar Cheryl Lancaster (978-448-1557.)
- Questions regarding textbook orders, please call Lawrence Academy's Linda Sheehan at (978) 448-1514 or Linda Deasy at (978) 448-1515.