The primary goal of the McDonald Library is to support the educational mission of the school by promoting information literacy and fostering a love of lifelong learning. The library does this in the following ways by:
- Providing resources to support the curriculum and personal development as well as to encourage the pleasure of reading
- Teaching information fluency skills that enable discovery, access, evaluation, and the effective use of information for academic success.
- Offering access to global information
- Giving individualized attention to students and faculty
- Serving as a community resource
- Promoting school history via the school’s archive