Your contribution matters...
Why does LA have an Annual Fund?
"The LA Fund supports a lot of great practical things that you will see every day around school: great teaching, great programs, an amazing, comprehensive, beautiful environment for learning—for-real, real-life learning that takes place every day. Underlying all that, the most important thing the annual fund supports is our mission. It is a great inspiration for a school to be on a mission, and our mission is firmly grounded in our students. There is no greater indicator of success for us than a student who is growing and thriving—a mission-driven young person." Dan Scheibe, Head of School
What is the financial goal?
The annual fund goal for FY 2017 is $1,500,000. We hope you will consider making LA one of your top philanthropic priorities this year.
LA Fund Total (as of May 26):
$1,408,820 (94% of goal)
Leadership Giving at Lawrence Academy
While all gifts to the school are important, leadership gifts are the foundation of the LA Fund, and are vital to its success. Every donor who contributes $1,000 or more during the fiscal year – July 1st to June 30th – is included in one of the Academy’s giving circles:
- Founder’s Circle, gifts of $100,000 or more
- Lawrencian Circle, gifts of $50,000 to $99,999
- Omnibus Lucet Circle, gifts of $25,000 to $49,999
- Schoolhouse Circle, gifts of $10,000 to $24,999
- Powderhouse Circle, gifts of $5,000 to $9,999
- 1793 Circle, gifts of $1,793 to $4,999
- Elm Tree Hillside Circle, gifts of $1,000 to $1,792
- Red & Blue Circle, gift of $500 to $999 for LA graduates within last 10 years
- Spartan Circle, gifts of $100 to $499 for LA graduates within last 5 years
- Academy Circle, gifts of $250 or more from faculty and staff
How do I make a gift?
Click here to donate now or send your gift to:
P.O. Box 992
Groton, MA 01450
Checks should be made payable to Lawrence Academy. All gifts are tax deductible as allowed by law.
Read the 2015-16 Annual Report
PDF Version (right click to download)
2016-17 Parent Fund Committee Volunteers
Peg O’Brien Bernhardt, PFC Co-Chair • Ted Bernhardt, PFC Co-Chair • Alex Sugar, Class of 2019 Chair • Maria Beck, Class of 2018 Chair • Greg Clark, Class of 2020 Chair • Frank Britt • Maddy McCormick • Jason Saghir • Scott Webster • Kathleen Barron • Kathy Bush-Dutton • Tim Easterly • Christine Horsman • Tom Horsman • Blaise Lippa • Melissa Solomon • Sarah Murphy Travis • Sara Clark • Jack deValpine