Updated 2/23/17, 10:05 AM
Click to expand each section...
- Join us for Arts at LA
Visual Arts Opening: Thursday, Feb. 23, 6 PM, Williams Gallery, Gray Building
Music Ensembles Concert: Thursday, Feb. 23, 6:45 PM, Richardson-Mees Performing Arts Center
Dance Performance: Thursday, Feb. 23, 8 PM and Friday, Feb. 24, 7 PM, Black Box Dance Studio, Gray Building
Admission to all events is free.
- Light Fare Parent Potluck Dinner for Class of 2019, is scheduled for Thursday, March 2, 6:30 p.m. at the home of Eileen and Tim Madigan '85 (Margaret '15, Thomas '19), 34 Winding Way, Groton, MA. RSVP to Eileen Madigan by February 24. (A-H appetizers, J-M desserts, N-R beer and wine, S-Z water, seltzer, soda)
- PIN: Parents Independent School Network: Friday, March 3rd at Boston University Academy, PIN will host Arden O'Connor and Diana Clark of O'Connor Professional Group for a presentation entitled, The Teenage Years, What's Normal, What's Not. The teenage years are a period of enormous growth, physically, psychologically and mentally. Parents often describe their teenagers as strangers whose moods are erratic and dramatic. The presentation will include discussion of "normal" teenage behavior, behavior that deviates from the norm and healthy ways to address concerns. Coffee will be at available at 9:15 AM, and the meeting will begin at 9:30. This is open to all parents of member schools.
- Click on the Parent Volunteer Form to sign up to help with the numerous campus events held throughout the year.
- Gallery Opening for Janet Hulings Bleicken, Friday, April 7, 2017, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM, Gallery Talk, April 9, 2017, 2:00 PM
On display through Friday, Wednesday, May 10, 2017, Conant Gallery, Richardson-Mees Performing Arts Center, Gallery hours: 8 AM–5 PM, Monday–Friday
- SAVE THE DATE: Grandparents' & Special Friends Day is April 26. More information on the event is coming soon, but if you would like to ensure your student's grandparent or special friend gets an invitation, be sure to fill out this form.
- Parents please note: In addition to midterm grades, you can see your student’s attendance record and any student discipline issues in My BackPack. These new entries can be seen under the Academic Info column.
- Beginning in March 2017 we will be issuing bills for student accounts electronically each month and discontinuing paper statements. You will be sent an email reminder when a new statement has been posted to your account. Current information about your account can be seen by logging into your My BackPack Account and searching under the My Accounts column.
4:30 PM - 8:00 PM Groton Community Dinner Community Service
5:30 PM - 9:30 PM UNH/BU Women's Hockey Game
6:30 PM - 10:30 PM Westford Shuttle
6:00 PM - 10:00 PM Glow Bowling at Leda Lanes (Nashua)
7:00 PM - 10:30 PM X-Box and Movie (MacNeil Lounge)
8:00 AM - 10:00 AM Saturday Morning Consequence
12:00 PM - 4:00 PM Fitness Room
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM Library Open
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM Winterfest Carnival in Lowell
6:00 PM - 10:00 PM Cash Cab: Pheasant Lane Mall and AMC Movies
6:30 PM - 10:30 PM UMOJA Dance at Belmont Hill (note: this event is full)
12:00 PM - 2:00 PM Weight Room/ Fitness Room
12:30 PM - 4:30 PM The Point Shuttle (12:30 PM, 2:30 PM)
12:00 PM - 4:00 PM Winterfest at Legacy Place
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM Library Open
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM Cupcakes and Coloring (Student Lounge)
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM Coloring & Cupcakes
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM Nerf & Nuggets at Park House (Where the Scheibe family is ready for an indoor or outdoor nerf war!)
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM Pets & Pizza (Petting Zoo @ 6-7 and Pizza @ 7)
Animals coming to visit include: baby goats, milking goats, chickens, ducks, bunnies, lambs, baby chicks, ducklings and an alpaca
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM - Badminton & B’Donuts (Just regular Dunkin Donuts that begin with a B!)
Note: Final Exam Study Breaks in Student Lounge (except for Monday)
- Spartan February Collection: Prom Gowns for Belle of the Ball. The gowns may be dropped off in the student lounge or the Athletic Center 2/1- 2/24. They will be cleaned by Anton’s Cleaners. Belle of the Ball distributes cleaned prom dresses at no charge to high school junior and senior girls who could not otherwise afford to attend their school’s prom. Unlike other prom gown collection drives, this program culminates with a day-long boutique where deserving girls are invited for a day of personal shopping and pampering. Check out the 2016 Boutique Day Video.
- Spartan April Collection: Pet supplies for NEADS and the Lowell Humane Society. Click to the links to view the items most needed.
- For service opportunities offered through LA, Check out the CS calendar on the Community Service webpage, visit the CS board in the Student Lounge, or email Ms. Poulin.
- Students may also complete community service hours through LA or in their home community (with any non-profit). Simply complete the community service form and return it to Tanya Clark in student life.