Updated 1.18.17, 6:47 PM
Click to expand each section...
- Class of 2020 Parents: Jaleen and Michael Siekman (Alicia ’17, Lindsay ’20) will be hosting a freshman parent potluck at their home in Carlisle on Friday, Jan. 20. Click here to RSVP.
- The next PA meeting will be on February 7, 2017 at 6:45 PM. This meeting will combine the postponed meeting of January 17 and the meeting scheduled for February 18. We look forward on February 7 to hearing from Dan Scheibe, head of school, and assistant Head of School Libby Margraf on the LA's advisory program curriculum on drugs and alcohol and the January 31 presentation to the student body by Chris Herren
- Mark your calendar for Tuesday, Jan. 24, 7:00 PM, An Evening of Improvisation. Rick Andrews (LA ’05) and Elana Fishbein -- teachers and performers with the Magnet Theatre in New York City -- will be visiting Lawrence Academy to lead workshops for theatre students and for a one-night-only improv performance. The show is open to the public.
- The next PIN meeting is Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at The Fenn School, 516 Monument Road, Concord, MA
9:15 AM: Coffee and conversation, 9:30 AM: Business Meeting followed by headmaster panel
This will be PIN's annual business meeting. Following the business portion of the meeting, there will be a panel discussion with Heads of Schools on the topic: “Preparing Our Children For Uncertainty”. The panel will include: Jerry Ward, Headmaster of the Fenn School, Ari Betof, Head of School, Boston University Academy, and Jane Moulding, Head of School, Cambridge School of Weston. Any LA parent is welcome to attend!
- Remember LA's Long Winter Weekend is Jan. 28 - 30.
- Class of 2018 Parents: The Barron family (Ashley ’18) will be hosting a Junior Parents Potluck dinner at their home in Groton, Mass. on Friday, Feb. 3. Click here to RSVP.
- We hope Junior Parents are also able to join the College Counseling Office on Saturday, Feb. 4 for our annual Junior College Day. Registration for the program will start at 8:30 AM in the Conant Art Gallery and the formal program will run in the Richardson-Mees Performing Arts Center from 9:00 AM until 12:30 PM. We recently sent invitations to you, which include more details about the event. We ask that you RSVP to Lauren Chenevert (978-448-1557).
- Faculty & Staff Appreciation Day is Feb. 9. This beloved LA tradition is an opportunity to re-connect and celebrate our community. Thanks to everyone who has already volunteered their time and effort. If you'd like to help or have questions, please contact Sue Barron (Annie ’17, Thomas ’14).
- Click on the Parent Volunteer Form to sign up to help with the numerous campus events held throughout the year.
- Parents please note: You can now see your student’s attendance record and any student discipline issues in My BackPack. These new entries can be seen under the Academic Info column.
- The Conant Gallery at Lawrence Academy is pleased to present “Indoors & Out – In Living Color”, paintings by John Sirois.
- Beginning in March 2017 we will be issuing bills for student accounts electronically each month and discontinuing paper statements. You will be sent an email reminder when a new statement has been posted to your account. Current information about your account can be seen by logging into your My BackPack Account and searching under the My Accounts column.
- Lawrence Academy is pleased to announce our J. William Mees Visiting Scholar for 2017. Francis Gary Powers Jr. will be on campus working with the LA history department and students, February 6-7. Mr. Powers is a cold war specialist who founded the Cold War Museum in Washington, DC, which is affiliated with the Smithsonian Institution. Mr. Powers’s father was an American pilot whose CIA U-2 spy plane was shot down while flying a reconnaissance mission in Soviet Union airspace, causing the 1960 U-2 incident. Mr. Powers started the museum as a tribute to his father.
6:00 PM - 10:00 PM Westford Shuttle (6:00, 7:45, 9:00)
6:00 PM - 8:30 PM Karma
8:00 PM - 10:30 PM X-Box in MacNeil Lounge
9:00 PM - 10:30 PM Free Skate (Grant Rink)
8:00 AM - 10:00 PM Saturday Morning Consequence
12:00 PM - 4:00 PM Fitness Room
3:30 PM - 7:30 PM Nashua Soup Kitchen
6:00 PM - 10:00 PM Altitude Trampoline Park
6:00 PM - 10:00 PM Chunky's Dinner and Movie
12:00 PM - 4:00 PM Fitness Room
12:00 PM - 2:00 PM X-box/ Movie in MacNeil
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM The Point Shuttle (1:00, 2:15, 3:30, 4:30)
- On Sunday 1/8 LA & Groton School students packaged 18,360 meals! View the video!
- Students may also complete community service hours through LA or in their home community (with any non-profit). Simply complete the community service form and return it to Tanya Clark in student life. For opportunities offered through LA, Check out the CS calendar on the Community Service webpage, visit the CS board in the Student Lounge, or email Ms. Poulin. Students who complete their service hours during the winter months (Dec. – Feb.) will earn bonus points for their class in the Class Winter War!
- Spartan January Collection: Socks & Soaps for Catie’s Closet – now accepting new & unopened socks and various toiletries like deodorant, toothpaste, shampoo, feminine hygiene products, body soap, shaving products and etc. Prepare for our February collection by looking through your closets for gently used prom gowns for the Belle of the Ball Collection at LA.