On-Campus Weekend: Spartan Carnival
Updated 12/8/17 9:36 AM
Just a reminder: In order to accommodate Monday night's holiday festivities, the day-student bus departs at 8:15 PM. This and next week's full schedule may be found here.
Below, please click to expand the drop-down for each information section...
INFORMATION AND RESOURCES
- The Parent Resource Guide from the Parents’ Association and the Student Handbook are available in your MyBackPack account for viewing.
- You may find the Athletic game schedules on LASpartans.com. Please note: The schedule is subject to change and rosters are not yet up-to-date.
- Another way to stay in the know is to follow us on social media (via Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook).
- Be sure to check out This Week at LA. There, you will find the School Year At-a-Glance Calendar, the academic newsletter, the Monthly Calendar, and the Athletic Calendar. A new newsletter is generally uploaded on Friday.
- Finally, click on single Parent Volunteer Form to sign up to help!
OPPORTUNITIES FOR PARENTS
- Lexington, Concord and Acton Scheduled Stops
- (1) Lexington, Harrington School, 328 Lowell Street 6:50 AM
- (2) Alcott House Lexington Rd (AM) Concord, PM drop off at Rte. 2 at Crosby's Corner Mobil Station 7:10 AM
- (3) Concord, Rte. 2 at Paparazzi Restaurant 7:20 AM
- (4) Acton, Rte. 2A/119 at the Makaha Restaurant (AM) 7:25 AM
- Note: PM drop-off is across the street at Donelan's
- Andover Scheduled Stops
- (1) Downtown Andover-across from the CVS 7:00 AM
- (2) Route 133 intersection @ the Boston Sports Club 7:10 AM
- Special Bus Schedules
- Monday, December 11th (holiday concert)(buses will depart campus at 8:15 PM)
- Thursday, March 1st (last day of winter exams)(buses will depart campus at 4:30 PM)
- Monday, March 5th - Thursday, March 15th (Winterim)(buses will depart campus at 4:30 PM)(IMPORTANT: SEE BELOW FOR FRIDAY, MARCH 16TH)
- Friday, March 16th (Winterim wrap-up night)(buses will depart campus at 6:30 PM)
- Friday, May 25th (prom)(buses will depart campus at 4:30 PM)
- Friday, June 1st (graduation)(buses will depart campus at TBD)
- Thursday, June 7th (last day of spring exams)(buses will depart campus at 4:30 PM)
- Both bus lines arrive on campus at approximately 7:45 AM. The academic day starts at 8:00 AM.
- Return departure from Lawrence Academy in the fall and spring is 6:30 PM (during the winter, the return is at 7:00 PM). The bus leaves from behind the dining hall.
- Students who are not able to catch the evening bus due to an away game, late practice or other school commitment must arrange for their transportation that evening; bus service is not adjusted to accommodate late practices or games.
Student Life: pre-vacation news and information
Thursday, December 14th
Friday, December 15th
Saturday, December 16th
LA Cares: Service At LA
Seniors – work on your CS hours over the Thanksgiving and holiday breaks so you are done by the end of classes in February.
All Students – you need 6 hours done during the school year, EACH year you are enrolled at LA. All hours need to be turned into Tanya Clark.
Verification of hours – get a letter signed by the person coordinating your service for the non-profit (not a relative) or have the leader email Mrs. Clark
Spartan November & December Collections – Toys, Games, puzzles, teen items (headphones, RC vehicles, etc.) for Loaves and Fishes Shop for your Kid Event and For the Love of Erika. Ends by 12/8. Non-perishable food for the local food pantry (each item earns that student’s class points in the class winter war competition. Ends by 12/14.
Visit Community Life Sign-up page for all CS options and weekend activities...
Parents' Association News
The next PA meeting is Tuesday, Jan. 9 at 7:00 PM, location TBD. Ryan Travia will be here speaking about Drugs and Alcohol.It's never too early to Save The Date for the Annual Spring Social and Fundraiser, May 5, 2018.
Boarding Student Sign-Out Rules and Expectations
- Weekend sign-outs (and only weekend sign-outs) are initiated by the student through REACH.
- Day sign-outs and weeknight absences (Monday-Thursday) must be done in person through the dean of students or the faculty member on duty (OD). Parent/guardian approval is required.
- All sign-outs are due by 9:30 AM on Thursday. REACH shuts down at this time and does not accept new sign-outs until 8:00 PM on Sunday. At this time parents are contacted via email to approve the sign-out.
- Students that miss the sign-out deadline or have a change in plans must sign-out directly through the dean of students or the faculty member on duty (OD). Students that repeatedly submit their plans after the deadline may lose their sign-out privileges.
- After 5:00 PM on Friday, any changes or updates (early/late return) must be communicated to the faculty member on duty through the parent or guardian. Students may not call in changes themselves.
- Transportation and lodging.
- Students may not use Uber. Lawrence Academy has a list of approved drivers and services that have passed all of the necessary background checks. Please contact Andrew Healy, dean of students, for more information.
- Students may not sign-out to a hotel unless a parent or guardian is present.
2018 Yearbook Ordering Information (plus info for Senior Parents)
Everything you need to know to make sure you're in the yearbook!
FIRST - SENIOR PORTRAITS
If you are having a senior portrait taken (outside of school), please make sure it is:
- In vertical format
- 1.5 x 2 in, 300 dpi (You can just ask your photographer to make sure the photo fits this format)
- In by November 6
- If you are not having a senior portrait taken, don't worry your school photo will just be used instead.
SECOND - HALF PAGES
- Every senior gets a free half page that you design! Download the Senior Half Page attachment from this email for detailed instructions but a couple of things:
- PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT DRAG AND DROP THE FILE INTO THE EMAIL WHEN YOU FINISH. YOU MUST DOWNLOAD THE FILE AND UPLOAD IT TO THE EMAIL AS AN ATTACHMENT!!!
- Please make sure it is in by NOVEMBER 14, or you WILL NOT get a half page in the yearbook, which would be sad:(
THIRD - PARENT ADS
You know you want one, so remind your parents that these are due soon...
And LAST - ORDER THE YEARBOOK!
- There is a form attached with all the details and THE LINK TO ORDER ONLINE. Please order online ahead of time to make sure you get one.
I know this is a ton of info but if you have any questions, you can either email Mrs. McGowan or just find us.