Welcome to the McDonald Library at Lawrence Academy, which serves as an intellectual gateway to our teaching and learning resources both within the school and beyond the classroom. Our library serves the mission of the school, as well as its own mission by offering inviting spaces for study and reflection. Be sure to take a moment to take a look around the McDonald Library.
- EBSCO Discovery Service - Discover material on your topic in a fast, single search of our library collection and our electronic resources.
- Library Catalog - Find books and e-books in our library collection.
- Electronic Resources - Find an A-to-Z listing of our subscription databases and their provided e-journal titles.
- LibGuides - Web research guides tailored for the LA curriculum.
- Noodletools - bibliography reasources.
- Find e-journals covered in full text.
Also feel free to suggest a book or magazine to add to our collection.
- Gale Databases - The menu page to all links found in our suite of Gale resources, which is quite extensive
- eBook Academic Collection (EBSCO)
New ABC-CLIO resources...
New Infobase resources:
- Government Reporter (ProQuest)
- 60 Minutes: 1997-2014
- Academic eBook Collection (EBSCO)
- Academic OneFile
- Academic Search Complete
- Access World News and America’s Historical Newspapers
- African American Experience
- Alexander Street Academic Video Online
- American History in Video (North America)
- American History Online
- American Government (ABC-CLIO)
- American Indian Experience (ABC-CLIO)
- American National Biography Online
- America’s Historical Newspapers and Access World News
- Ancestry Classroom*
- Annals of American History Online
- BiblioBoard Library
- Biography in Context
- Biology Journals
- Books and Authors
- Britannica Online School Edition
- Business & Company Resource Center
- Classroom Video On Demand: Master Collection
- Contemporary Literary Criticism - Select
- CQ Researcher
- Credo Reference Literati
- Daily Life through History (Premium)
- eBook Academic Collection (EBSCO)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- EBSCOhost eBook Collection
- Education Journals
- Educator's Reference Complete
- Enciclopedia Universal en Espanol
- Expanded Academic ASAP
- Gale Databases
- Gale U.S. History in Context
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- General Business File ASAP
- General Reference Center Gold
- Global Issues In Context
- Government Reporter
- Grove Art Online
- Grove Music Online
- Health & Wellness Resource Center
- Health Reference Center Academic
- Historical New York Times, The (1851-2008) with Index (1851-1993)
- Issues and Controversies in U.S. History
- Issues: Understanding Controversy and Society
- Latino American Experience
- Lawrence Academy Library Catalog
- Library Catalog
- Literature Resources from Gale
- MAS Ultra
- Massachusetts History Online
- Massachusetts Newspapers
- Modern Genocide
- Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center
- Oxford English Dictionary
- Pop Culture Universe
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest Research Library
- Psychology Journals
- Readers' Guide Retrospective: 1890-1982 (H.W. Wilson)
- Religion Journals
- Salem Health
- Salem History
- Salem Science
- Science In Context
- Science Journals
- SIRS Issues Researcher
- Social Science Journals
- Student Edition
- The New York Times
- The World At War Understanding Conflict and Society
- World Culture and Geography Online
- World Data Analyst Online
- World Geography
- World History: The Modern Era
- World History In Context
- World Religions
*Denotes on-campus use only
For a limited time, the LA community now has access to the following databases:
- Foreign Broadcast Information Service (FBIS) Daily Reports: Crucial insights into twentieth-century global history
- Middle East and North Africa: Global Perspectives, 1958-1994
- African American Newspapers, 1827-1998: A century and a half of the African American experience
Monday-Thursday: 8:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 7:00 p.m.–10:00 p.m.
Please Note: Administrators on duty will open the library on weekends at times other than those above on an 'as needed' basis.