Tomorrow, most of our community leaves campus for Winter Break and all of us here at LA would like to take the opportunity to wish you and your family very happy holidays! Our next e-News will be sent to your inbox on January 8, 2015.
- On Tuesday, December 16, our student vocalists and dancers collaborated with students from ConVal High School, along with players from the Indian Hill Orchestra, to perform The Armed Man: A Mass for Peace by Karl Jenkins. Head of School Dan Scheibe wrote about the evening and you may watch a clip of the concert here.
- Fall term advisor comments are now available in MyBackpack (via LAcademy.edu's Parent Portal).
- Students may leave for break after their last commitment on Thursday, December 18, and day student buses will depart at 4:15 p.m. Also beginning on December 18, several teams will take part in holiday athletic tournaments. Click for the full schedule and PDF schedules of the local Girls' Basketball and Boys' Hockey tournaments. Dorms will remain open for students participating in the winter athletic tournaments (until Saturday, December 20, at noon or after the latest game for LA).
- Winter Break officially begins on Friday, December 19, and runs through Monday, January 5. Boarders must return to campus by 7:30 p.m. and dorms will reopen at 4:00 p.m. There will be dorm meetings and quiet hours. Please plan accordingly, as winter term classes resume on Tuesday, January 6.
- The next Parents' Association Meeting is January 13. Minutes from previous meetings are available via the Parent Portal.
- To follow up on a discussion during our October 14 PA meeting, go here to find information on summertime opportunities available to high school students.
- Visit our website to check out recently updated photo galleries, as well as LAcademy.edu's news feed. Also, follow our real-time coverage of school events on our social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Vine.
Parent Volunteer Form
Check out the latest campus news